Animal welfare is not just about animals. It is about us. Our living conditions, our children, our earth. Cruelty to animals has a significant and irreversible impact on human health, economy and environment.
People for Animals also known as PFA is India's largest animal welfare organization with a nationwide network of 26 hospitals, 165 units and 2.5 Lakh members.We work to rescue and rehabilitate sick and needy animals. We set up and run shelters, ambulance services, sterilization programmes, treatment camps and disaster rescue missions for animals. We conduct education programmes in schools, fight cases in court and lobby on animal issues in parliament. At present, we have a nationwide network of 165 units, 26 hospitals and 60 mobile units.
PFA aims to have an animal welfare center in each of the nation's 600 districts.
Objectives and Strategy:
- Create Infrastructure – Upgrade and establish facilities for animal rescue and rehabilitation such as shelters, ambulances, mobile clinics and helplines.
- Influence Policy - Act as a pressure group to bring about environmental and animal friendly legislation.
- Ensure Implementation – Take direct action through units to protect animals and punish offenders.
- Educate and Sensitize –
- Conduct a school contact programme. Introduce online pokie animal welfare either as a school or extra curricular activity.
- Produce and promote media programs on animal related issues.
- Conduct training programmes for lawyers, police officers, vets and animal owners.
- Produce books and expert guides on animal care and related issues.
- Partner with influential community leaders and opinion makers.
- Advance the Movement –
- Liaise with national and international animal welfare groups.
- Provide support, financial or otherwise to deserving animal welfare initiatives.
- Provide career opportunities in animal welfare.
- Promote Vegetarianism –
- Educate on health, environment and economic costs of animal based choices.
- Source and promote animal-free alternatives
- Enrol celebrity spokespersons to popularize cruelty free choices.
- Achieve Financial Stability –
- Diversify fundraising from event-based strategies to other avenues.
- Forge strategic corporate partnerships.
To help PFA achieve some of its objectives, please call our Head Office at 011 23357088/23355883.