It is true. In India cockroaches (blatta orientalis ) and American cockroaches (blatta Americana)are for chronic bronchitis, a form of asthma characterized by suffocation with an accumulation of mucus and acute cough and this medicine is standardised in the Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia of India.
And that is not the only insect. Cantharis prescribed for burns and urinary tract infections is made from Spanish Fly , a beetle. Coccus cacti, prescribed for whooping cough, uses another beetle . European spiders are sourced for preparing tarantula hispanic for nervous disorders. The honey bee is used for insect bites and allergies. Lachesis is derived from cobra poison and is prescribed for all blood infections, blood poisoning and blood decay. The ladybug, Coccinella septempunctata, is used in neuralgic pains of the teeth, gums and mouth; The honeybee (Apis mellifica) is relieves sore throats and insect bites. The Red fire ant (Formica rufa) is used for arthritic conditions, itching and crawling sensations upon the skin. The Black Widow (Latrodectus mactans) is a remedy for ailments of the heart including angina
Homoeopathic drugs are arenot just made from vegetables and minerals. Unfortunately they also use animals – 300 different substances have animal extract . According to the main manufacturers in this country they breed the animals and insects they use – which I am not sure they have made legal by asking for permission from the government. Which means there are laboratories in this country growing lice , cockroaches,mosquitoes,bedbugs,wasps,red ants, scorpions.
There are 300 substances of animal origin in the pills, granules or liquid granules, gels, syrups, pills or collyriums
These are some of them:
(a) Whole animals: crushed and used live i) Medusa (jelly fish), Pedeculus (Head-louse), Blatta americana (American cockroach), Blatta orientalis (Indian cockroach), Culex (Mosquito culex), Apis melifica (Honey Bee), Cimex (Bed-bug), Formica (Red ant), Vespa (Wasp), Aranea avicularis, avicularia avicularia, aranea diadema, latrodectus hassati, lactrodectus kalipo, lactrodectus mactans, tarentula cubensis, tarantula hispana, ( all these are different species of spiders, orange spiders, Spanish spiders, grey spiders, Australian black spiders, papal cross spiders, black Cuban spiders), theridion (scorpions ), Helix pomatia, helix tosta, asterias rubens ( snails). ants, , wood louse, plant lice, centipede, the common flea, the fly, potato bug, locusts, caterpillars, scabies mites and kissing bugs.
Crawfish, red starfish, roasted sponge, yellow viper, copperhead snake, red coral, rattlesnakes, coral snake, purple fish, cobra snake,lleeches, German vipers, gila monster, moccasin snake, stinging fish and adder snakes,beavers,skunks
(iv) Whole animals (dried) – Armadillo officinarum, cantharis (Spanish fly), Coccus cacti (cantharidine beetle), lacerta (green lizard), .
(b) Different parts, secretion etc of animals: -
(1) Different parts –Calcarea calcinata, Ova tosta, Ova gallinae pellicula (from shells); Gadus lota (from slot machines online back bone of a fish); Gadus morrhua (from cervical vertebra of a fish); Castor (from thumb nail of horse); Carbo animalis (from a thick piece of an ox-hide); Ingluvin (from gizzard of a fowl); Sepia (from inky juice of the cuttle fish), Fel tauri (from Ox gall bladder); Lecithin (from animal brain or egg-yolk). , toad poison, disestive fluid of the lobster, king crab blood
(2) Secretions – Orchitinum (from testicular extracts of man); Ophorinum (from ovarian extract of cow); Hippomanes (from the amoniotic fluid taken from an unborn or just-born horse); Moschus (from dried secretions of the male musk deer); Oleum morrhuae (from cod liver oil).
(3) Milk and milk products – Colostrum (from first part of human milk); Lac caninum (from bitch milk); Lac defloratum (from skimmed cow-milk); Lac felinum (from the cat milk); Lac caccinum coagulatum (from the curd of cow-milk).
(4) Venoms of poisonous animals – Scorpions, apis virus, lattrodectus mactans, bufo vulgaris; ampnisboena vermicularis (venoms of lizard snake); Crotalus, Crotalus cascavella, bungarus krait, bungarus fascicatus, elaps corallinus, lachesis, vipera betus, vipera lachesis (from the venoms of poisonous snakes).
4) Sarcodes: - products of animal glands/hormones. Examples are: pancreatinum (from pancreas of beef), pepsinum (from the stomach of pig), pituitary(from the posterior portion of the pituitary gland of sheep), thyroidinum (from whole endocrine glands of sheep or calf), oophorinum(from ovary of cow, sheep), thyroid gland of sheep, lecithin from animal brains
5)Nosodes: - The remedies which are prepared from disease producing agents (like bacteria or viruses) or diseased parts of animals Ambra Grisea (morbid products of whale), anthracinum (from anthrax poison from spleen of affected sheep or cattle), aviare (tuberculin virus of chicken), hydrophobinum or lyssin (from the saliva of a rabid dog), mallandrinum (from grease in horse), septic pus from cow flesh decomposed in the sun for 2 weeks etc.
The word Homeopathy is taken from the Greek, homoios meaning like and pathos meaning disease, thus like disease. It was established in 1796 by the German doctor Samuel Hahnemann who posed that injecting a substance with similar effects to those of an illness and which would be toxic at a high dose could cure that same illness with the use of an infinitesimally small dose. Thus coffea (based on coffee) can be used to treat palpitations and insomnia.
Hahnemann used the same chemical drugs, animal parts, herbs, reptiles, insects, metals, minerals, acids, and radioactive material which are still employed by modern homeopathic and allopathicl doctors.He believed that the remedies took on the spirit, especially in the case of the animals, reptiles, and insects. A common practice of his was to suffocate live birds into the alcohol to capture the spirit of the animal into the remedy. This is still practiced today in such homeopathic remedies as Formica Rufa or Myrmexine, used in the treatment of arthritis made from crushed live ants.
The brief list I have given is only a small sampling of completely bizarre ingredients. The rest you can find at any Homeopathic Meteria Medica or ask your Homeopathic Doctor and watch him squirm around as he tries to answer, The general public will swallow almost anything. This is especially true today.